Tuesday 6 November 2012

4am

As alluded to in recent posts, I rent a room in a house share. Actually, it's more a flat share. The landlord also lives here - he has the rest of the flat, I have my little room. We share the kitchen, but I generally don't have any presence in the rest of the place, and rightly so. I'm renting a room. When I go, there will be no evidence that I was ever here. I'm basically a shadow, an echo of every other poor bastard who couldn't afford his or her own place. And apart from the shit smears that get left on the bogroll and/or toilet seat every time he goes into the bathroom, I have no problem with the bloke. One thing I've only recently noticed though, is that he locks the door every time he goes in there. Even at, say, 4 in in the morning. Not that I lie there listening for the guy to go for a piss or (messy) shit at 4am...I just noticed it this week when I was lying awake at 4am. And now I've noticed it, I've noticed that it's every single time. Every. Single. Time. Why is that? Why? I go to drain the main vein and leave the fucking door open. It's not something that bothers me...yet my house mate feels he must lock the door at 4am. Does he think I'm going to spring out of my bed, naked and fully erect, and seduce him like some rampant Nosferatu while he's in the throes of spreading shit all over the Armitage Shanks like a tractor spreading muck down a deserted lane? The answer is, rather boringly, no. If I was to attack him, it'd be with something rather more offensive than my cock...just makes me wonder is all. Should I be offended by this tiny action - the clicking of a lock at 4am...or has the solitude of living in this swamp town finally made me go mad?

Just a thought(s). Interestingly:



Other thoughts: do I buy an upgrade to Windows 8? I just don't know. Nobody can tell me if I should. So-called computer 'experts' who work in computer 'shops' can't tell me. Experts who don't know, when asked, what Direct X is. I weep.

Lastly, I'm writing this on the night of the US election. I'm literally watching BBC News psychophants foam at the fucking mouth, live from just outside (or at least, up't road) from t'white thouse. Listen, I really couldn't care less who wins it but I'm going to guess Obama. Of the two, he's (probably) the least likely to press the red flashing button that reduces the whole planet to something that resembles a pebble, and I can only hope the yank public have the sense to re-elect the guy. Which makes me slightly hypocritical, after saying I couldn't care less...but no fucker reads this crap anyway, so I reckon I'm pretty safe. Heil Hitler. See? Case rested.

3 comments:

CageFightingBlogger said...

I'm writing something about Romney. I'm putting it up tomorrow though, when everyone will have forgotton who he is.

RealChicGeek said...

Hey Tom, what's new? The first part of the post was too much for me (crazy mental pics come to mind)!

Oh, and the Hitler comment-hate to pry, but...I got the impression you were a minority Tom; just my conclusion from past post comments. Dunno really.

CageFightingBlogger- As regards Romney, he's used to losing. He lost the race for the Republican nominee not too long ago (along with a loss to Ted Kennedy for Massachusetts governor awhile ago). All the thousands who lost their jobs due to Romney wish they could forget him. LOL. I'll be checking your site for the post about him though!

Tom Charnock said...

Hey RCG - The Hitler comment? Oh nothing - just a way of illustrating that you can write what you want on the internet. I'm not a Nazi if that's what you're asking! Don't think any neo-Nazi groups would accept a brown person amongst their ranks!