Tuesday 4 December 2012

Beans and Chimp

This morning I discovered something that made me spit my vodka all over the TV, which was a little annoying seeing as the BBC were just beginning day 2 of their wall to wall coverage of Princess Cambridge’s morning sickness live from outside some hospital in a posh area of London. What make me eject the warm, warm elixir? This:


Apologies for the quality of the Blackberry Curve 8520's appalling camera 
Yes, it’s a toaster that also cooks beans. Who the fuck would waste money on such a thing? Seriously? What’s wrong with putting your toast in a normal toaster and then putting your beans in the microwave (or if you’re feeling particularly exotic, a pan)? If I was invited into someone’s kitchen and I spied one of these monstrosities on the side, I think I’d have to re-evaluate whether that person was worthy of my companionship. At that point, I’d probably raid their fridge for whatever wasn't glued down and then run away into the night. On that bombshell, here’s a picture of a chimp with an afro:


Just because.

3 comments:

CageFightingBlogger said...

Dragon's Den once featured a man who had invented a boiled egg cooker- basically a coffin-like device that heated the egg on all sides. It didn't work when he demo'd it though. I did think- if you liked boiled eggs that much, your cholesterol must be through the roof.

Tom Charnock said...

Oh yeah - I remember that. Didn't the egg come out of the device still runny in the middle? Not the best way to impress Duncan Bannatyne, with a raw egg. He should've thrown it at him and run away cackling into the night.

Unknown said...

Ha! I love the way you managed to slip that chimp picture in!